SUNDAY RECAP: "A QUIETER ADVENT"
our Advent series this past Sunday in Manhattan. If you were unable to join us, the talk is in video form, below. Below that you'll find some follow-up-questions that you can use in your devotional time or with your small group.
After watching the video and reading the passage above, answer the following questions.
1. What are some words or phrases in this passage that stand out to you?
2. Do these words comfort you, confuse you, or make you feel judged?
3. Do you ever have trouble believing that God is a God of love when seeing contradictions in the bible?
4. What are some ways that you can "slow down" this year as Christmas approaches?
5. What are some "quieter" ways that you can serve others this Christmas?
6. Take a moment to pray alone or as a group. You can use the prayer below or speak to God honestly from your heart in your own words.
Ancient God. Present God. We are here, again. Another year has passed. We bring new experiences to the holiday season this year. New love. New loss. New knowledge. Old knowledge that has reached its time and is in need of putting away.
As we head into this season as people of faith, would you bring to our remembrance all that has come before that we are in need of holding onto, and would you renew our minds with the hope that is found as we await again, the arrival of Jesus, the Christ.