Here are some practices to follow the message from Manhattan yesterday. You may want to use them in your devotional time or with your small group.
You can also download a transcript of the sermon by clicking here. Forgive the chicken scratches and typos. These are the very notes that were used from the stage. Thanks in advance for wading through the grammatical mess.
1. Read the passage above, then answer and/or discuss the following questions.
- Which character do you identify with most in this story?
2. Read the quote above, then answer and/or discuss the following questions.
- How would you define "fairness?"
- After reading the passage, what do you believe God's version of "fairness" to be?
3. Read the quote above, then answer and/or discuss the following questions.
- What are some areas of your past where you have been the recipient of God's "vulgar grace?"
- What are some areas in your life right now that you are in need of God's grace?
4. Spend some time in prayer alone or with your group praying for another to realize the ever-present grace of God.
5. Spend some time voicing your thanks to God for his grace that has brought you thus far.