Here are some practices to follow the message from Manhattan yesterday. You may want to use them in your devotional time or with your small group.
Read the passage above, then answer and/or discuss the following questions.
1. What is God asking us to "be careful" of in this passage?
2. Why is this important?
Consider the statement above, then answer and/or discuss the following questions.
1. Do you agree with this statement or do you believe it to be misrepresenting the way that the world really works?
3. Recall a time in your life where you benefited because of someone else's labor.
Read the question above, then answer and/or discuss the following questions.
1. What do you believe wealth to be?
2. Would you consider yourself to be wealthy or poor?
Take a moment to pray this prayer, or pray in your own words.
Almighty God, thank you for challenging me to see my wealth as something more than material. May I be poor in pride, jealousy, and anger, and rich in love and good deeds.
Thank you for your Spirit that lives within, and guides me in the way of peace.